The Zoom H6 Handy Recorder
Change the Way You Think About Recording… Forever. Zoom's flagship H6 is the most advanced portable recorder ever. It utilizes a system of interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lenses of a camera and comes with both X/Y and Mid-Side stereo mics. Great for live recording as well as studio-quality music production, the H6 offers six tracks of simultaneous recording and four mic/line inputs.
Capture the performance on a whole new level.
Do more than just record the show: Document the experience. Use the X/Y capsule to capture the overall sound in stereo, then use the other four inputs for a direct feed from the mixing board, or for external spot mics to pick up specific instruments and the room sound. With the H6, you can relive that great performance night after night.
Get the sound that completes the scene.
Whether you slide it onto your camera strap or attach it directly to your DSLR with our Hot Shoe mount, the H6 is the essential audio recorder for location videography. Its supplied MSH-6 mic capsule and onboard MS decoding, plus the ability to record up to 6 tracks simultaneously, gives you plenty of options in post-production.
Deliver the full story, down to the last detail.
Extend your range with the optional SGH-6 Shotgun mic. Get every word of that headline-making interview. Capture breaking news with maximum impact, then mix and prepare the audio for broadcast while still in the field.
Make every chord, every note, every riff really sing.
Plug in the optional EXH-6 Dual XLR/TRS capsule and your H6 becomes a personal 6-track studio with six discrete line- or mic-level inputs, each with its own volume control and pad. Record and overdub up to 99 takes in high-resolution audio, then mix down to a stereo MP3 for posting to your favorite website.
H6 Features at a glance
- Interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Six-track simultaneous recording
- Four mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Gain controls (real knobs!) and -20dB pads for each input
- Phantom power for all main inputs: +12/+24/+48V
- Large full-color LCD display, angled so it’s easy to read in all environments
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 128GB
- Up to 24-bit /96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you’ll never miss that perfect take
- Multitrack to stereo internal mixdown
- Independent monitor and playback mixes
- Virtual VU meters
- Voice memo and up to 99 marks per recording
- Overdubbing, up to 99 takes
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression and limiting
- Onboard MS decoding
- Normalize, Divide and Trim editing
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- A/B loop playback
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%
- Variable pitch per track without affecting playback speed
- USB port for data exchange to and from computer
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Camera strap mounts
- Mountable directly to DSLR or camcorder with optional HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount adapter
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Over 20 hours of operation with 4 AA alkaline batteries
Here's what comes included with the H6.
- Operation manual
- XYH-6 X/Y mic capsule
- MSH-6 MS mic capsule
- AA size (LR6) battery x 4
- Cubase LE Software
- WaveLab LE Software
- USB Cable
Optional H6 accessories
- SGH-6 Shotgun mic capsule
- EXH-6 Dual XLR/TRS Combo capsule
- HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount adapter
- APH-6 Accessory Pack includes RCH-6 wired Remote Controller, AD-17 USB-type AC adapter and Hairy Windscreen
- Carrying bag