Want to record professional sound without paying like a professional?
The DR-05 Portable Handheld Digital Audio Recorder from Tascam offers high-quality recording in a compact and lightweight design that anyone can use, and is ideal for musicians, teachers, journalists, videographers, and more.
The DR-05 records WAV or MP3 files at rates up to 24-bit/96 kHz to microSD or microSDHC cards for reliable, skip-free storage. A 2GB card is included so you can get started right away.
Integrated microphones capture clear stereo audio, while a 3.5mm stereo mic/line input lets you connect external mics and sound sources. The jack even provides plug-in power for mics that require it.
An integrated speaker and a 3.5mm headphone jack make it easy to listen to your recordings to make sure everything was captured perfectly. The large display screen shows vital information during recording and playback, while the intuitive controls provide quick and easy single-handed operation. The Peak Reduction feature will automatically set your recording level by listening to the audio input and adjusting for the best level. When used alongside the built-in limiter, unwanted distortion becomes a thing of the past.
The DR-05 includes other classic Tascam features, such as Variable Speed Audition, a level-align function, loop and repeat playback, self-timer recording, integrated editing, a chromatic tuner, and more. A USB 2.0 port allows you to connect the recorder to a computer to quickly transfer files. The DR-05 operates on a pair of standard AA batteries or via the included USB cable. A threaded socket provides convenient tripod mounting.
- Compact Design
- The lightweight and compact design allows you to bring the recorder anywhere, perfect for musicians, teachers, journalists, and more
- Versatile Recording
- The DR-05 records WAV files at rates up to 24-bit/96 kHz and MP3 files at rates up to 320 kbps to provide you with a wealth of high-quality options to meet your needs
- The recorder writes to microSD or microSDHC cards for reliable, skip-free storage. A 2GB card is included so you can get started right away
- Integrated Microphones
- Integrated omnidirectional condenser microphones capture clear stereo audio with a sensitivity rating up to 125 dB to withstand loud sound sources, while also capturing the nuance and detail of a subtle performance
- Mic/Line Input
- The 3.5mm stereo mic/line input lets you connect external mics and sound sources. The jack even provides plug-in power for mics that require it
- Integrated Speaker and Headphone Jack
- An integrated speaker and a 3.5mm headphone jack make it easy to listen to your recordings to make sure everything was captured perfectly
- Large Display
- The large display screen shows vital information during recording and playback
- Intuitive Controls
- The intuitive controls provide quick and easy single-handed operation
- Level Control Options
- The DR-05 offers automatic and manual level setting, as well as a Peak Reduction feature that will automatically set your recording level by listening to the audio input and adjusting for the best level. Unlike auto-gain functions, Peak Reduction only goes down to prevent accidental distortion after a period of low level, like a break. Peak Recording works in rehearsal mode or while recording, so if the performance is louder than the soundcheck, you're still safe
- Limiter and Low-Cut Filter
- An integrated limiter and low-cut filter help to prevent distortion and low-frequency rumble and hum
- Self-Timer Recording
- This feature will start the recorder 5 or 10 seconds after you hit the record button, giving you time to get ready when recording yourself. Alternately, you can enable a 2-second pre-recording buffer, which will capture audio from 2 seconds before you hit the record button
- Playback Options
- The recorder has variable-speed playback, letting you adjust recordings from 50-150% without affecting the pitch. It also offers loop and repeat playback, auto and manual track increment, playback EQ settings, and a level-align feature that prevents uneven volume levels during playback
- Onboard editing capabilities let you divide and delete tracks and sections of tracks, an assign up to 99 mark points on each file. A jump-back function will return to your previous point with one action
- A built-in chromatic tuner ensures that you're in-key and sounding your best
- USB Port
- The USB 2.0 port makes it easy to connect the recorder to a computer to transfer your files for editing and sharing. The port also provides power to the DR-05
- Power Options
- The recorder can operate on a pair of standard AA batteries or via USB bus power with the included cable
- Tripod Socket
- A threaded socket provides convenient tripod mounting
Watch this video of Joe Brady explaining the Tascam Dr-05: