Designed for stereo recording, the sE Electronics sE8 Matched Pair gives you two sE8 microphones in one convenient package. The sE8 itself is a small-diaphragm condenser microphone with a hand-made, gold-sputtered cardioid capsule. Suitable for live and recording scenarios, the microphone has been engineered to provide a balanced, transparent, and natural sound as well as a detailed transient response. With two microphones matched specifically for consistency, you'll be able to capture a clear and accurate stereo image.
The sE8 boasts inherently low self-noise for capturing audio in particularly quiet situations. It also sports an SPL high enough to handle drums and a dynamic range large enough to handle record triple-piano to triple-forte velocities accurately.
Two switchable pre-attenuation pads are on hand, should you encounter particularly loud sound sources; one will shave off 10 dB, while the other will attenuate 20 dB. You'll also note a switchable low-pass filter that rolls off low end at either 80 or 160 Hz at 6 dB per octave.
To enhance durability—and to reject electrical interference and noise—the sE8 sports an all-metal chassis. The gold-plated, 3-pin XLR connector ensures signal reliability for a long time to come. Handcrafted and hand-tuned, the microphones come with two mic clips, two thread adapters, two windscreens, a stereo bar for mounting the microphones, and a robust metal case for protecting the mics when they're not in use.
Key Features at a Glance
- 3-micron, gold-sputtered diaphragm
- Handcrafted, hand-tuned capsule
- Precision electrode design for a linear, naturalistic response
- Backplate design provides smooth, natural sound and consistent off-axis response
- Electronic design provides low noise without the use of integrated circuits
- Transformerless design for transparency and clarity
- Class-A circuitry for a high dynamic range and transient response without distortion
- -10 and -20 dB pads, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for brass instruments, snare drums, and more
- Low-pass filters, selectable between 80 and 160 Hz
- All-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of electrical interference and noise