If you're spying a vintage-flavored electric guitar with undeniable style and snarling tone, then you must plug a Schecter PT Special into your favorite amplifier. Built from a solid slab of swamp ash, this T-style axe simply bleeds harmonic resonance, while a custom set of Diamond pickups serve up classic, muscular-sounding tones by the truckload. You also get a push-pull that toggles between series and parallel pickup wiring, providing access to a multitude of mind-bending tones. The easy playability of the PT Special’s satin-finished, rosewood-capped maple neck and top-shelf hardware, including Grover Vintage tuners, put the finishing touches on the PT Special.
The PT is one of Schecter's most identifiable models. Since its beginning in the hands of Pete Townshend, the PT has been a dyed-in-the-wool rocker while tipping its hat to a retro platform. The PT Special’s swamp ash body yields a balanced, musical blend of brightness, warmth, and harmonic-soaked midrange. The guitarists here at Sweetwater really dig the PT Special — it’s a top-shelf vintage-inspired electric guitar.
Two custom pickups, tons of amazing tones
Schecter didn't just give their PT Special any set of pickups, they outfitted it with a pair of their innovative Diamond pickups. The Diamond VT-1 bridge single-coil yields a vintage-tinged blend of clarity, twang, and muscle. The Diamond V-90 neck pickup exhibits a P-90-style tone that’s chock-full of snarling treble and meaty midrange. There's also a push-pull built into the PT Special's tone knob that enables you to toggle between series and parallel pickup wiring.
This Schecter PT Special’s neck is expertly carved from a piece of rock-hard maple. Rosewood caps the neck with a 12-inch radius. Its "C" neck profile is an exquisite balance of hand-filling comfort and fleet-fingered playability. Add a fingerboard outfitted with extremely durable extra-jumbo frets and a TUSQ nut that ensures your strings never bind, and the PT Special plays as beautifully as it looks.
- Model Name: PT Special
- Item Number: 667
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Guitar Color Shown: Purple Burst Pearl (PBP)
- Tuners: Grover Vintage
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Dots
- Scale: 25.5" (648mm)
- Neck Shape: 'C'
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .826" (21mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .905" (23mm)
- Frets: 22 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 12" (305mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Ivory Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.653" (42mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32" (4mm) Allen Nut
- Guitar Colors: Purple Burst Pearl (PBP)
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Top Contour: Flat Top
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Binding: Cream 1-ply
- Bridge: Vintage Ashtray with Staggered Brass Saddles
- Controls: Volume/Tone (Series-Parallel Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter Diamond VT-1
- Neck Pickup: Schecter Diamond V-90
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)
- Case: SGR-UNIVERSAL GUITAR "Case Sold Separately"