M-Audio presents its Code Series keyboard controllers, a family of three full-featured models, combining all of the production power and performance you need to get the most from your music software and MIDI gear.
The Code Series offers several thoughtful design touches that enable you to create and perform your best. A keyboard should not be an obstacle standing in the way of creativity. Instead, it should function as a direct extension of your thoughts ensuring that you convey musical ideas with immediacy, precision and clarity.
Code controllers are equipped with everything you need to produce some serious musical creations. Extensive assignable parameter control is a breeze with multiple banks of faders, knobs, buttons, pads, and a smooth feeling pitch bend and modulation wheel on top. New to the line of M-Audio controllers is the X/Y Touchpad, which provides additional and direct interaction with effects and instrument plugin parameters across an X/Y axis.
In addition, you can split the keyboards into four assignable zones to maximize the flexibility and functionality of your setup. For instance, trigger four different instruments in their own separate zone, or overlap zones and trigger two instruments at the same time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What software titles support come included with the Code series?
A comprehensive software package is included—Ableton Live Lite, full versions of AIR Music Technology’s award winning virtual instruments Loom and Hybrid 3.0—so you have unrestricted access to the best creative tools. Ableton Live Lite delivers much of the functionality of Ableton Live—the revolutionary, multi-award winning music production solution that lets you spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise and edit your musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment. Live brings your acoustic, electronic and virtual instruments—as well as your digital audio recordings and MIDI sequences—together in a single interface with unparalleled ease of use.
What is new in the Code series keyboards?
- All Code keyboards—25, 49 and 61 key models—have an all-new keybed with action that is clean, and precise.
- New to the line of M-Audio controllers is the X/Y Touchpad, which provides additional and direct interaction with effects and instrument plugin parameters across an X/Y axis.
- Now with support for ASCII/HID keyboard shortcut commands, you can map these commonly used shortcuts right to the controller itself, streamlining your workflow for a faster, more efficient and far more satisfying creation/production process. Code also supports Mackie Control/HUI control modes, so right out of the box you are ready to work with most DAWs with minimal setup.
Does the Code series keyboard controllers require drivers?
The Code series keyboards is a class compliant MIDI device and as such can automatically be used as an instrument with any music creation software or DAW.
Can I use the Code series with external MIDI equipment?
Yes. The Code series can be used to control additional outboard MIDI gear such as Rack Synth Modules, Drum Machines etc. by using the available 5-pin MIDI Out port on the back. To send MIDI directly from the keyboard, press EDIT and press the key labeled MIDI OUT until the display reads "Mid On" to indicate the MID port has been activated.
How can I perform a Factory Reset?
If you need to reset the keyboard to factory settings, power off the keyboard and hold down both Pad Octave buttons (+ and -) while powering the keyboard back on. The screen will flash "RESET" for one second and return to normal operation.
Further Product Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.
Code 49 Technical Specs
- (49) velocity- and pressure-sensitive keys (with aftertouch). Lowest 25 keys send secondary commands in Edit Mode
- (10)-octave range available with Key Octave –/+ buttons
- (4) assignable zones
- (16) assignable velocity-sensitive pads, multicolor-backlit
- (9) 30mm assignable faders
- (4) banks accessible via right/left buttons
- (9) assignable buttons, multicolor-backlit
- (4) banks accessible via right/left buttons
- 85mm x 25mm LCD
- (1) USB port
- (1) 1/4” TS sustain pedal/footswitch input
- (1) 1/4” TRS volume/expression pedal input
- (1) 5-pin MIDI input
- (1) 5-pin MIDI output
- (1) power adapter input(power adapter not included)
- (1) Kensington lock slot
- via USB or via power adapter (9 VDC, 1A, center-positive, not included)
Dimensions (width x depth x height)
- 9” x 10.0” x 2.8”
- 9 lbs
- Code 49 Keyboard
- Quickstart Guide
- USB Cable
- User Guide (download)
- Software Download Cards
- Safety & Warranty Manual