Incredible pickup options
The Block Contact pickup on the ACFS380BT is mounted on the neck block, making it highly resistant to feedback. This placement also means that the percussive sound from the body to the neck is captured evenly. In addition, this placement also enhances the brightness and air of the Piezo-style sound by capturing the acoustic tones that resonate naturally in the body. Further, the T-bar under-saddle pickup and its placement capture palm hits and bass drum-like tones — great for experimental, expressive styles of play.
Fine appointments for enhanced tone
The 5-piece mahogany and pau ferro neck and ebony fingerboard are complemented by a deep, smooth cutaway that lets you access those higher notes. An ebony bridge, unbleached oil-impregnated bone and nut saddle, and scalloped X-bracing are added fine appointments that enhance the tone and resonance of this fine acoustic.
Ibanez ACFS380BT Acoustic-electric Features:
- Bold Grand Concert acoustic-electric cutaway with awesome appointments and features
- Solid Engelmann spruce top with pau ferro back and sides — a tonewood pairing that delivers full, rounded tone
- 5-piece mahogany and pau ferro neck with Macassar ebony fingerboard offers stellar response and playability
- Ibanez T-Bar undersaddle and Block Contact pickup with Ibanez DP1 preamp kicks out beautifully articulate amplified tone
- Dual outputs let you blend these pickups for a wonderful array of tonal expressions
- Ebony bridge, unbleached oil-impregnated bone and nut saddle, and scalloped X-bracing enhance tone and resonance