The M-Audio Super DAC is the answer when you require reference-quality sound from your computer.
Super DAC is a USB digital-to-analog converter with stereo RCA analog outputs and both coaxial and optical digital outputs.
With audiophile-grade Wolfson DAC/ADCs, the M-Audio Super DAC performs 24-bit/192kHz high-definition audio conversion over a USB 2.0 connection. This results in the highest possible audio quality, which is critical for users who want to connect their audio equipment to their computer but are not satisfied with the sound quality of the typical computer sound card or the compression limitations of a Bluetooth connection. Six sampling rates between 44.1 and 192kHz are user selectable so you can achieve the exact performance level needed for any given circumstance.
This has a built-in high quality headphone amplifier with both 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch jacks, for connecting any headphones directly without the need for an adapter. It also features analog stereo RCA line outs and coaxial and optical digital output connections, so you can easily connect a wide array of external equipment. Since virtually all high-quality audio equipment has a digital input, Super DAC’s optical and coaxial digital outputs are perfect for driving that equipment with a pure digital signal—especially valuable since most computers do not have a digital output.
Super DAC is USB-powered or can use an optional AC wall adapter (not included).
- Interface: USB 2.0; 1.1-compatible
- Converters: Wolfson WM8740
- Dynamic Range: 110 dB maximum
- THD+N: 0.00003% maximum
- Headphone Output (at 1 kHz): 190 mW (32 Ω); 210 mW (16 Ω)
- Headphone Drive Ability: 16–100 Ω (1/8” / 3.5mm); 100–600 Ω (1/4” / 6.35mm)
- Analog Inputs: (1) 1/8” (6.35mm) line-level
- Digital Inputs: (1) USB 2.0 port
- Analog Outputs: (1) RCA stereo pair; (1) 1/8” (3.5mm) headphone; (1) 1/4” (6.35mm) headphone
- Digital Outputs: (1) S/PDIF optical; (1) coaxial; Dolby and DTS pass-through
- Sampling Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Power: via USB connection or via power adapter (12 VDC, 1 A, centerpositive, sold separately)
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 3.7” x 3.6” x 1.1”
- Weight: 0.5 lbs
- Super DAC
- Mini-USB cable
- RCA cable
- User Guide