The M-Audio Bass Traveler is a portable headphone amplifier with a pair of 1/8-inch headphone jacks, so you can increase the quality of what you’re listening to, then share it with someone else.
The sound quality out of a mobile device’s headphone jack or coming from the standard-issue computer’s soundcard leaves a lot to be desired, even if you’ve got spectacular headphones.
Many personal digital music players have a limited output for driving high-quality headphones, but the Bass Traveler has a two-level gain switch to boost the signal level, so the sound is always crisp and clear. It is ideal for use with virtually all headphones from 16-100 ohms, so you can get full performance out of your top-notch brand or just get more bass in your earbuds.
A rotary on/off/volume control makes it easy to operate. The long-lasting built-in rechargeable lithium polymer battery provides several hours of uninterrupted listening enjoyment. There is an LED indicator for power on, low battery, and battery charge, and re-charging is done through the convenient micro-USB port.
- Battery-powered amplifier can drive two sets of headphones
- Long-lasting (approx. 8 hours) rechargeable Lithium polymer battery
- LED indicator for power on, battery charge, low battery
- (2) 1/8-inch (3.5mm) stereo headphone jacks
- Rotary on/off/volume control
- Selectable 2-position boost switch optimizes sound for any headphone
- Compatible with headphones from 16–100 ohms
- Micro USB port for battery charging
- (1) 1/8-inch (3.5mm) stereo input jack
- Compatible with most popular in-line remote control headphones